Shine Cricket Academy offers an innovative and fun based soft ball cricket coaching programme for those who wish to improve their skills and knowledge in the UK's most popular summer sport. The day long activity uses the fantastic specialist facilities at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex and provides an opportunity for children to enjoy soft ball cricket in a supportive environment led by Shine's team of qualified, experienced coaches.
- Water bottle - You need to bring more than one drink for the day to ensure you stay hydrated. We are unable to supply water or drinks.
- Packed lunch including all snacks you might want during the day. (No nut products please)
- Clothing that is appropriate for the chosen activity and the weather.
- Sun cream applied before the start of the day if necessary, Shine coaches are unable to re-apply sun cream and we would ask if you child needs a top up that you arrange to come back to re-apply or ensure your child has cream in their bag.
- Sun hat/cap. Shine caps will be available to buy on site.
- Children are welcome to bring their own kit but please ensure you remember to take it with you at the end of the day!
This programme is based around improving skills, technique and knowledge of the basics of cricket with the emphasis in learning through enjoyment and building confidence in a sporting environment, all with social distancing. The daily schedule may include:-
- Basics of batting:- Correct batting stance, running between the wickets, holding the bat correctly, good balance and a range of basic shots.
- Basics of bowling:- How to hold the ball, different types of bowling actions and the delivery stride.
- Basics of fielding:- Introduction to catching, fielding, throwing and field placings.
Please note that the content of the daily programme will be partly dictated by the weather conditions and the forecast.
- Please note we run a 48 credit and refund policy at our Holiday Clubs. More information here - Terms & Conditions.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- DROP OFF - You may arrive up to 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of your activity.
- After drop off and pick up, please exit the site immediately
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions