Shine Sharks U11 Girls Squad(Years 5 & 6)
Basketball Development Squad
Shine Sports Hall, BS9
Designed to inspire girls in Years 5&6 the NEW Shine Sharks Girls Basketball development squad will benefit those who enjoy being involved in this fast-moving, sociable team sport.
This squad is new and so the payment is weekly with 6 days cancellation notice. Open to all abilities we will be with developing training ready for fixtures from September. Held indoors at the Shine Sports Hall, Henleaze, BS9.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age-appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups as the development squad grows. The focus of the weekly sessions for the squads will include:
- Defending (body position and angles)
- Movement (footwork)
- Passing (Chest, bounce and shoulder)
- Pattern of play
- Communication and teamwork
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Training and Matches
This Shine Sharks squad trains at the Shine Sports Hall, Brecon Road, BS9 4DT.
Each weekly session provides squad members with an opportunity to take participate in an organised coaching session in a fun and engaging environment.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Sessions are led by experienced, qualified basketball instructors.