Shine Sharks Inclusion Squad(Ages 5 to 18)
Basketball Development Squad
Shine Sports Hall, Brecon Road, BS9 4DT
Designed to inspire disabled boys and girls to play basketball in a fun and safe environment, the Shine Sharks Basketball Inclusion programme will be a sociable, inclusive and enjoyable team sport.
This programme is part of Shine Community Project, an extension of Shine that has been set up to create a balance in the opportunities provided within the community.
The Shine coaches will be working on all the fundamentals of basketball, whilst catering for the additional needs of the children who are attending, having undergone specialist training from Access Sport.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. The focus of the weekly sessions for the squads will include:
- Defending (body position and angles)
- Movement (footwork)
- Passing (Chest, bounce and shoulder)
- Pattern of play
- Communication and teamwork
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Training and Matches
The Shine Sharks Inclusion Squad takes place on Sunday's at the Shine Community Sports Hall, Brecon Road, BS9 4DT:
- All age groups - 13:30-14:30
Each weekly session provides squad members with an opportunity to take participate in an organised coaching session in a fun and engaging environment.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Sessions are led by experienced, qualified basketball instructors.