Designed to inspire boys and girls in years 3 & 4, the Shine Sharks Basketball development programme will benefit those who enjoy being involved in this fast-moving, sociable team sport. Your full-term fee covers this terms training and any matches.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age-appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups. The focus of the weekly sessions for the squads will include:
- Defending (body position and angles)
- Movement (footwork)
- Passing (Chest, bounce and shoulder)
- Pattern of play
- Communication and teamwork
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
Each session will end with small-sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability-based teams and put their new skills into practice.
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
This Shine Sharks squad trains at the Shine Sports Hall, Brecon Road, BS9 4DT:
- Thursday: Years 3 - 5 - 18:00-19:00
- Friday: Years 4 - 6 - 17:00-18:00
- Friday: Years 4 - 6 - 18:00-19:00
Each weekly session provides squad members with an opportunity to take participate in an organised coaching session in a fun and engaging environment.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Sessions are led by experienced, qualified basketball instructors.
- Please note we do not offer refunds for missed sessions in our Development Squads
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions