Price reduced from £220 to £192.50 from October to end of the season.
The Shine Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions, friendly fixtures and Bristol Saturday Youth league matches that will develop children’s skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
The Under 8 Squad is eligible for boys and girls entering Year 3 in September. Book here and pay one subscription for the season. Your subs of £200 includes the following:
- An official Shine JFC playing shirt, for you to keep when the season has finished.
- Matches or Training Sessions: Saturdays at various times between 08:45-11:45 at Blaise Primary School, or away at your opposition's location. Your coach will inform you of the time you need to be there each week.
- Mid-week Training on Monday evening inside at the Shine Community Sports Hall from 6-7pm
Kit change: This year we have a new colour kit and so have additional kit available to buy including Shine JFC shorts and socks which we would encourage you to do so on booking your place as you will receive a 40% discount when buying before 01st September, £20.00 for a training top, socks and shorts instead of RRP £35.50. You can purchase them here Shine Kit
Payment plans are available. Please email us to arrange 01174 033 033 or email [email protected] for more details.
Shine JFC Under 8 Squad is sponsored by The Propel Group
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 13.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U8 squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing, Heading)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side & Heading)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills & aerial control)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
Each session will end with small sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability based teams and put their new skills into practice.
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
- We don't train within school or Bank Holidays, your coach will keep you informed of any weeks training wont be taking place.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads
- Squad places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis
- Shine’s professional coaching team are FA level qualified, DBS checked and fully insured
- Parents/carers are encouraged to stay and watch.
- Squad members will be given a Shine JFC shirt which is theirs to keep
Shine JFC’s home ground is located at Blaise School Playing Fields which provides an excellent level grass playing surface with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals. The spacious and secure surroundings offer ample parking, toilet facilities.
Mid-week football coaching takes place at the Shine Community Sports Hall, Brecon Road, Henleaze, Bristol, BS9 4DT.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions