The Shine Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training session and friendly fixtures that will develop children’s skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
Shine JFC Under 7 Squad is eligible for boys and girls starting Year 2 in September 2022. Book the season and pay £32.50 monthly by Direct Debit or pay in full upfront.
- Full season of football starting with training on Tuesday 6th September 2022.
- Saturday training sessions or arranged friendly fixtures: Saturdays at various times between 08:45-11:45 at the Shine Sports Ground. Your coach will inform you of the time you need to be there each week.
- Mid-week Training on Tuesday evening 17:00-18:00 also at the Shine Sports Ground starting Tuesday 6th September.
- Full playing kit including shirt, shorts and socks
- 20% off 'Football Academy' at Shine Holiday clubs at any location.
You can purchase Shine Kit here.
Shine Saint's home ground is located at the Shine Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW which provides an excellent grass & Sand based astro playing surfaces with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals.
Start date Tuesday 6th September 2022. Season ends Saturday 22nd April 2023.
Please note the dates training will NOT be running:
- Tuesday 25th/Saturday 29th October (Half Term)
- 24th/27th/31 December/03rd January (Christmas break)
- 14th/18th February (Half Term)
- 11th/15th/18th/22nd April (Easter break)
- Your coach will inform you of any other dates not running.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 14.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U7 squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills & aerial control)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions