The Shine Saints Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions, friendly fixtures and will compete in the Bristol Saturday Youth league & Sunday Avon Youth league.
The Under 13 Squad is eligible for boys and girls in Year 8. Book here and pay £32.50 per month via Direct Debit throughout the season. Your subs include the following:
- Pre-Season training starts Thursday 4th August from 17:00-18:00 for 5 weeks as we move to playing 11 a side.
- Training is usually Friday evenings from Friday 9th September, 17:00-1800 at the Shine Community Sports Ground, BS6 7XW.
- Training sessions or matches as advised: Saturday or Sundays at various times between 08:45-11:45 at the Shine Community Sports Ground, or away at your opposition's location. Your coach will inform you of the time you need to be there each week.
- Shine Saints kit including top, shorts and socks.
- 20% off 'Football Academy' at Shine Holiday Clubs.
You can purchase Shine Kit here.
Shine JFC’s home ground is located at the Shine Community Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW which provides an excellent level grass and sand based astro surfaces with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals.
Start date Thursday 4th August 2022 with pre-season training. Season starts Friday 9th September and ends Sunday 23rd April 2023.
Please note the dates training will NOT be running:
- Saturday 29th/Sunday 30th October (Half Term)
- 24th/25th/31st December/01st January (Christmas break)
- 17th/19th February (Half Term)
- 8th/9th, 14th & 15th/16th April (Easter break)
- Your coach will inform you of any further dates.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 14.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U13's squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions