The Shine Saints Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions, friendly fixtures and Bristol Saturday Youth league matches that will develop children’s skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
The Under 10 Squad is eligible for boys and girls entering Year 5 in September. Book here and pay £32.50 per month via Direct Debit throughout the season. Your subs include the following:
- Training is Tuesday evenings from 17:00-18:00 at the Shine Community Sports Ground, BS6 7XW starting on Tuesday 6th September.
- Training sessions or matches as advised: Saturdays at various times between 08:45-11:45 at the Shine Community Sports Ground, or away at your opposition's location. Your coach will inform you of the time you need to be there each week.
- Shine Saints kit including top, shorts and socks.
- 20% off 'Football Academy' at Shine Holiday Clubs
You can purchase Shine Kit here.
Shine Saints home ground is located at the Shine Community Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW which provides an excellent level grass and sand based astro surfaces with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals.
Season starts Tuesday 6th August 2022 and ends Saturday 22nd April 2023.
Please note the dates we already know we will NOT be running:
- Tuesday 25th/Saturday 29th October (Half Term)
- 24th/27th/31 December/03rd January (Christmas break)
- 14th/18th February (Half Term)
- 11th/15th/18th/22nd April (Easter break)
- Your coach will inform you of any other dates not running.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 14.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U10 squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
Each session will end with small sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability based teams and put their new skills into practice.
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions