The Shine Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions, friendly & competitive fixtures, skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
The Under 10 Squad is eligible for girls in Year 5. Book here and pay one subscription for the season. Your subs include the following:
- An official Shine Puma's playing shirt, shorts and socks for you to keep when the season has finished. Not applicable to free trailers.
- Matches on Sundays played between 08:45-11:45 at the Shine Community Sports Ground, or away at your opposition's location. Your coach will inform you of the time you need to be there each week.
- Mid-week Training on Tuesday evening 5:00-6:00pm starting Tuesday September 7th at the Shine Community Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW.
- 20% off 'Football Academy' at Shine Holiday Clubs.
You can purchase Shine Kit here.
Shine Puma's home ground is located at the Shine Community Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW which provides an excellent level grass and sand based astro surfaces with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals.
Season starts Tuesday 6th September 2022 and ends Sunday 23rd April 2023.
Please note the dates we already know training will NOT be running:
- Tuesday 25th October/Sunday 30th October (Half Term)
- 24th/25th/27th/31 December/01st/03rd Jan (Christmas break)
- 14th/18th/19th February (Half Term)
- 11th/15th/16th/18th April (Easter break)
- Your coach will inform you of any other dates not running.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills & aerial control)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions