Shine's Forest Adventure, featuring Safe Archery if possible, is a great combination of nature, discovery and fresh air for children from Christ Church, with a focus on healthy, sociable fun in a free play and creative setting.
Shine are working with your school to ensure we adhere to strict ratios and COVID-19 guidelines and procedures. Due to the additional measures, we have had to change our amendment and cancellation policy to 6 days notice required in order to receive a credit or refund. This will be remain whilst our restrictions are in place and we will revert back to 48 hours as soon as we are able.
COVID-19 safety guidelines and procedures for this club will be sent to those booked onto it, before the start of term.
A big part of Outdoor Adventure is exploring nature whatever the weather. This means boys and girls might get a little wet. So, we recommend the following;
Shine's Outdoor Adventure is a memorable outdoor adventure experience thanks to the experienced Forest Leaders team who deliver an programme that is an ideal choice for children who like to try new challenges in a sociable environment. The activities are planned in a structured free play basis and will take place within the security of the school grounds. Across the day the activities will include:
- Den building - from small scale animal shelters to protection from the elements for the whole group
- Fire lighting - learn the science behind lighting a small fire in the safest way
- Cookery - cooking simple foods on the open fire (please ensure you let us know if your child has any food allergies)
- Nature trails - follow set activities to help explore the natural environment
- Minibeast hunts - meet the creatures that live on the site
- Using woodland tools - learn to use tools safely
- Natural crafts - use natural materials to create hand-made items that are ready to take home
- Safe archery - work with our specially trained staff to test your aim
- Free play - throughout the day the children will be given the opportunity to enjoy a range of free play activities
- Please note a change to our cancellation and amendment policy to 6 days notice to receive a credit or refund. This is due to the COVID-19 restrictions and allow us the time to ensure we are following the guidelines within your school.
- The club will only run with minimum numbers booked. We will cancel the club and credit/refund in the event the minimum numbers are not met.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first-come/first-served basis each term.
- Shine’s staff are DBS checked, first aid trained and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- Booking is essential. If you aren't booked on the activity by 12.00 on that day, your child will not be on our register and therefore be taken back to the school office. Late bookings after 12.00 can be made by calling 01174 033 033
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions