Shine runs a popular after school football club for children from St. John's School Primary School during term time. The sessions are based outdoors and provide an ideal opportunity for boys and girls with an interest in football to attend well structured, healthy and enjoyable sessions with an experienced team of qualified coaches.
We are aware of your children's staggered finish times, and your children will be collected from their class and brought to their Shine club at the end of their school day. The children will stay in their year group bubbles on site at school.
Whilst we are in COVID times, the children won't be getting changed into football kits and should take part in the club in the clothes they have come to school, so if this is school uniform please do send a pair of shin pads, long socks and trainers so they can change into them at the end of the day.
At the end of the club please collect your child from your usual school pick up point where the Shine staff will meet you to sign out. All Shine clubs finish at the same time of 4.45pm. If you would like your child to stay at school with the After School Club after 4.45pm, please do arrange with ASC to come and collect your child from Shine.
Shine are working with your school to ensure we adhere to strict ratios and COVID-19 guidelines and procedures.
Shine welcome children of all abilities to this enjoyable and inclusive activity. Players will get the chance to improve their football in all the essential skills including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Tackling and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game
In addition to improving the participants knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Guidelines provided, each session will end with small sided matches in which the teams will be divided into appropriate age groups and put the new skills they have learned into practice.
- Please note our our cancellation and amendment policy requires 6 days notice to receive a credit or refund.
- The club will only run with minimum numbers booked. We will cancel the club and credit/refund in the event the minimum numbers are not met.
- Clubs can be booked termly, or week by week depending on your preference. We recommend booking popular clubs termly to ensure you have a space.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first-come/first-served basis each term.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads.
- Booking is essential. If you aren't booked on the activity by 12.00 on that day, your child will not be on our register and therefore be taken back to the school office. Late bookings after 12.00 can be made by calling 01174 033 033.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions