Junior Football Club(Years 5 & 6)
A great introduction to the nation's No1 team sport
St. John's Primary School (Junior site)
Shine runs a popular after school football club for children at St. John's School Primary School during term time. The sessions are based outdoors and provide an ideal opportunity for boys and girls with an interest in football to attend well structured, healthy and enjoyable sessions with an experienced team of coaches.
Shine welcome children of all abilities to this enjoyable and inclusive activity. Players will get the chance to improve their football in all the essential skills including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Tackling and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game
In addition to improving the participants knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Each session will aim to end with small sided matches in which the teams will be divided into appropriate age groups and put the new skills they have learned into practice.
- Our cancellation and amendment policy requires 6 days notice to receive a credit or refund.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads.
- Booking is essential. If you aren't booked on the activity by 12.00 on that day, your child will not be on our register and therefore be taken back to the school office. Late bookings after 12.00 can be made by calling 01174 033 033