Shine Hockey Workshops at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex benefit children who wish to improve their hockey skills on fantastic AstroTurf pitches. Join Shine's fully qualified and supportive team of coaches for this fast-growing and even faster-paced sport.
You will need shin pads and a mouth guard to play hockey.
- Children attending this course must bring their gum shield and shin pads.
- Footwear and clothing that are appropriate for the chosen activity.
- Water bottle - Available to buy at The Shine Shop
- Packed lunch (excluding nut products)
- Children are welcome to bring their own hockey stick although Shine will provide all the equipment necessary. Please ensure you remember to take it with you at the end of the day!
- Please note our cancellation policy requires 48 hours notice for a credit or amendment to a different day. Click T&C's for more information
- Early drop off with breakfast from 8.00am and late pick up until 5.55pm is available at Coombe Dingle
- Places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- Children will not be able to participate in batting drills or matches without a gum shield or shin pads.
- Shine Holiday Club's presentation ceremony takes place from 15:50-16:00 every day. A 'Star of the Day' award will presented to a child or children who has excelled during the day.
These hockey workshops are based around improving skills, techniques and knowledge of the essential aspects of hockey - with the emphasis on learning through enjoyment and building confidence in a safe sporting environment. Each session will utilise the brilliant facilities on offer at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex to deliver a broad coaching schedule. The daily schedule may include:
- Introduction to the rules and tactics
- Basics of dribbling – Learn the correct technique on holding the stick, open-side dribble and Indian dribble.
- Basics of passing – How to hold the stick for the push, drag, slap and hit passes.
- Shooting drills and games – learn the correct technique to maximise accuracy and power while having loads of fun scoring goals
- Matchplay and tournaments – we will play lots of hockey related games, matchplay scenarios and tournaments
Shine's extended hours service is called 'Working Day Option'. The service allows working parents/carers the option of an early arrival time from 08.00 and/or a late departure time before 18.00. Children attending the extended hours will be supervised by Shine staff and offered a variety of free play outdoor and indoor activities. The cost and time details are as follows:
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions