Shine Sharks U14 Squad(Years 8 & 9)
Basketball Development Squad
Shine Sports Hall, BS9
Designed to inspire boys and girls in Year 8&9, the Shine Sharks Basketball development programme will benefit those who enjoy being involved in this fast-moving, sociable team sport.
Your fee is for all training and matches through until July 2024. Please note there is no training during school holidays and your coach will keep you informed about matches.
All updates about the squad are communicated via the match app, SPOND
Payment: To pay by Direct Debit, please check out as usual; in the check out you will see 'Payment Methods' and you can select Direct Debit here.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age-appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups. The focus of the weekly sessions for the squads will include:
- Defending (body position and angles)
- Movement (footwork)
- Passing (Chest, bounce and shoulder)
- Pattern of play
- Communication and teamwork
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
Each session will end with small-sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability-based teams and put their new skills into practice.
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Training and Matches
This Shine Sharks squad trains at the Shine Sports Hall, Brecon Road, BS9 4DT.
Each weekly session provides squad members with an opportunity to take participate in an organised coaching session in a fun and engaging environment.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Sessions are led by experienced, qualified basketball instructors.
- Please note we do not offer refunds for missed sessions in our Development Squads
- Sessions don't usually run through the school holidays.