*Reduced from £220.00 to £99.00 for players starting in January.
The Shine Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions, friendly fixtures and will compete in the Bristol Saturday Youth league & Sunday Avon Youth league with 1 team in Division 3 and 1 team in Division 5.
The Under 13 Squad is eligible for boys and girls entering Year 8 in September. Book here and pay one subscription for the season. Your subs include the following:
- An official Shine JFC playing shirt, for you to keep when the season has finished.
- 1 hour training sessions or matches as advised: Saturdays or Sundays at various times between 08:45-11:45 at the Shine Community Sports Ground, or away at your opposition's location. Your coach will inform you of the time you need to be there each week.
- Mid-week Training on Tuesday evening from 19.30-20.30pm at the Shine Community Sports Ground, BS6 7XW.
Kit: We supply your match shirt and would encourage you to buy a kit bundle of Shine JFC shorts and socks with a training top for £25.00. You can purchase them here Shine Kit.
We are able to offer payment by childcare vouchers or, if you prefer x 3 payments by Direct Debit. If you would prefer to pay by DD, please go through the payment process in the usual way, and then choose Direct Debit as your method of payment when prompted.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 14.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U13's squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
- Coach John who runs the Under 13's will confirm your choice of playing Saturday or Sunday matches. Your subscription includes playing on a Saturday or Sunday, should you wish to play a second match on the weekend there may be an additional match fee payable on the day.
- We don't train within school or Bank Holidays, your coach will keep you informed of any weeks training wont be taking place.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads
- Shine’s professional coaching team are FA level qualified, DBS checked and fully insured
- Squad members will be given a Shine JFC shirt which is theirs to keep
Shine JFC’s home ground is located at the Shine Community Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW which provides an excellent level grass and sand based astro surfaces with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions