Shine Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions, friendly fixtures and Bristol Saturday Youth league matches that will develop children’s skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
The Under 8 Squad is eligible for boys and girls entering Year 3 in September. Book here and pay one subscription for the season. Your subs of £195 includes the following:
- Matches or Training Sessions on Saturdays: Various times could between 8:45-10:15 at Blaise Primary School
- Home and Away Matches: Kick off between 8:45–11:15 (may vary)
- Indoor Mid-week Training on Mondays: 18:00-19:00 at The Shine Community Sports Hall, Henleaze
- An Official Shine JFC shirt for the season
Please note a change of date for your end of season presentation. It will be held on Friday 15th May at Gloucestershire County Cricket Club. More details to follow nearer the time.
A payment plan of x 3 payments of £65 is available if required. Please call us to arrange 01174 033 033.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 11. The focus of the weekly sessions for the U8 squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing, Heading)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side & Heading)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills & aerial control)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
- Please note, Saturday times are subject to change
- The price includes at least x 27 matches and x 27 training sessions.
- We don't train within school or Bank Holidays, your coach will keep you informed of any weeks training wont be taking place.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads
- Squad places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis
- Shine’s professional coaching team are FA level qualified, DBS checked and fully insured
- Parents/carers are encouraged to stay and watch
- Squad members will be given a Shine JFC shirt, which must be returned at the end of the season - Unreturned shirts are charged at £10.00
Shine JFC’s home ground is located at Blaise School Playing Fields which provides an excellent level grass playing surface with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals. The spacious and secure surroundings offer ample parking and basic toilet facilities.
Indoor mid-week football coaching takes place at the Shine Community Sports Hall, Brecon Road, BS9 4DT.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions