Shine Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions and inter-squad friendly matches that will develop children’s skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
Shine JFC are currently recruiting players for the NEW Under 5 Squad which is eligible for boys and girls entering Reception in September. We have split the season into 2 halves, both so you don't have to pay the whole subscription up front and you can ensure your child is enjoying the squad before committing for the whole year.
- Your Shine JFC shirt for the season
- Football training from Sat 4th January 2020 through to Sat 4th April 2020.
- Saturday training inside at the Shine Community Sports Hall, between 8:45 and 9:45.
- All coaching with FA qualified coaches
Please note a change of date for your end of season presentaion. It will be held on Friday 15th May at Gloucestershire County Cricket Club. More details will follow nearer the time.
Please note that there is no session on 21st February due to February Half Term.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 5 upwards.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U5 squad will include:
- Basic Attacking (Shooting)
- Basic Defending (Tackling)
- Ball Control
- Communication and team work
- Basic passing & dribbling
- Learning to win & lose
- Match rules through games
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
- We don't train within school or Bank Holidays, your coach will let you know when training is not on.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads.
- Squad places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are FA level qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Parents/carers are encouraged to stay and watch their child or if you go, leave them in the care of another parent.
- Squad members will be given a Shine JFC shirt for the season, which must be returned at the end of the season. Unreturned shirts will be charged at £10.00.
Shine JFC’s Saturday training sessions take place indoors at The Shine Community Sports Hall between 8:45 and 9:45.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions