Shine Junior Football Club's coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions that will develop children’s skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
Shine JFC Under 5 Squad is eligible for boys and girls in Reception. We allow half season booking for Reception children so it's less commitment before your child learns they hopefully love playing football.
- Football training from Sat 8th January 2022 through to Saturday 30th April 2022. (No session during the school holidays)
- Saturday training inside at the Shine Community Sports Hall in Henleaze from 09:45 and 10:45.
We are able to offer full payment by childcare vouchers or if you prefer x 3 payments by Direct Debit. If you would prefer to pay by DD, please go through the payment process in the usual way, and then choose Direct Debit as your method of payment when prompted.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 5 upwards.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U5 squad will include:
- Basic Attacking (Shooting)
- Basic Defending (Tackling)
- Ball Control
- Communication and team work
- Basic passing & dribbling
- Learning to win & lose
- Match rules through games
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
- Only 1 accompanying adult per child, permitted in the hall.
- No siblings allowed who aren't taking part in the session.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads.
- Please note we are unable to offer refunds or credits for missed sessions unless the session is cancelled by Shine
Shine JFC’s Under 5 Saturday training sessions take place indoors at The Shine Community Sports Hall between 09:45 and 10:45.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions