The Shine Saints Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions, friendly fixtures, Bristol Saturday Youth league and Sunday Avon Youth League matches that will develop skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
The Under 12 Squad is eligible for boys and girls entering Year 7 in September. Book here and pay £32.50 per month via Direct Debit throughout the season. Your subs include the following:
- Pre-Season training starts on Monday 1st August and runs for 4 weeks upto and including Monday 22nd August. Training for 4 weeks Pre-Season is from 17:00-18:00.
- Training is usually Thursday evenings from 19:00-2000pm at the Shine Community Sports Ground, BS6 7XW starting from Thursday 8th September.
- Training sessions or matches as advised: Saturdays or Sundays at various times between 08:45-11:45 at the Shine Community Sports Ground, or away at your opposition's location. Your coach will inform you of the time you need to be there each week.
- Shine Saints kit including top, shorts and socks.
- 20% off 'Football Academy at Shine Holiday Clubs
You can purchase Shine Kit here.
Shine JFC’s home ground is located at the Shine Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW which provides an excellent level grass and sand based astro surfaces with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals.
Pre-season training starts Monday 1st August 2022 - Monday 22nd August from 17:00-18:00.
Season starts Thursday 8th September training 19:00-20:00 and ends Saturday 22nd April/Sunday 23rd April 2023.
Please note the dates will already know we will NOT be running:
- Monday 29th August (Bank Holiday)
- Tues 24th, Saturday 29th October/Sunday 30th October (Half Term)
- 24th/25th/26th/31 December/01st/02nd January (Christmas break)
- 13th/18th/19th February (Half Term)
- 10th & 15th/16th April (Easter break)
- Your coach will inform you of any other days during the year
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 14.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U12's squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills & aerial control)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions