Hotshots - U9 Squad(Year 4)
Netball Development Squads
Shine Sports Ground, BS6
Designed to inspire primary aged girls and boys, the Shine Hotshots development programme will benefit those who enjoy being involved in this fast moving, sociable team sport. The Under 8 and Under 9 Squads will train together.
Your fee is for all training and matches through until July 2024 and a Hotshots kit. The U9 squad does not play in a league but your coach will keep you informed should there be any fixtures.
Payment: To pay by Direct Debit, please check out as usual; in the check out you will see 'Payment Methods' and you can select Direct Debit here.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups and include Session small sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability based teams and put their new skills into practice.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the squads will include:
- Attacking (shooting and build up around the D)
- Defending (body position and angles)
- Movement (footwork and landing with 2 feet)
- Passing (Chest, bounce and shoulder)
- Pattern of play
- Communication and team work
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s experienced team are first-aid trained, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Sessions are led by experienced, qualified netball instructors.
- Please note we don't offer credit or refunds for missed sessions.
- Sessions don't run through the school holidays, your coach will update you with any dates.
Training and Matches
To provide a clear progression pathway, Hotshot squads are divided into age group squads each of which train on Thursday evenings:
- Under 8's Year 3 - Training - 17:15-18:15 at Shine Sports Ground
- Under 9's Year 4 - Training - 17:15-18:15 at the Shine Sports Ground
- Under 10's Year 5 - Training - 17:15-18:15 at Shine Sports Ground
- Under 11's Year 6 - Training - 17:15-18:15 at Shine Sports Ground
- Under 12's Year 7 - Training - 18:00-19:15 at Shine Sports Ground
- Under 14's Year 8 & 9 - Training - 18:15-19:15 at Shine Sports Ground