PLEASE NOTE YOU NEED TO BRING YOU OWN HARD BALL CRICKET KIT - see essential kit below.
Shine Cricket Academy offers an innovative and fun based cricket coaching programme for those who wish to improve their skills and knowledge in the UK's most popular summer sport. The day long activity uses the fantastic specialist facilities at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex and provides an opportunity for children to enjoy nets and drills led by Shine's team of qualified, experienced coaches.
This day long activity will suit children who aren't experienced with Hard Ball, or feel daunted by a hard ball being bowled at them but would like to improve their skills. Using a mixture of Hard Ball and Wind Ball to gain confidence.
Should the guidelines regarding COVID-19 change, we will adapt, react and communicate accordingly. If there are any changes in guidelines which may affect you, we will update you before the start of your activity.
Shine are working to ensure we adhere to strict ratios and COVID-19 guidelines and procedures. As per the Government advice, our clubs are open to enable parents and carers to work, search for work, undertake education or training, or attend a medical appointment or address a medical need, or attend a support group, being used as part of their efforts to obtain a regulated qualification, meet the entry requirements for an education institution, or to undertake exams and assessments, vulnerable children and the children of critical and key workers. We will assume any bookings you make are required for any of these reasons.
- Children attending this course must bring their own protective box and all their own kit including a box, helmet, gloves, pads and bat.
- Water bottle - You need to bring more than one drink for the day to ensure you stay hydrated. We are unable to supply water or drinks.
- Packed lunch including all snacks you might want during the day. (No nut products please)
- Clothing that is appropriate for the chosen activity and the weather. Children will have shelter but will be outside all day.
- Sun cream applied before the start of the day if necessary, Shine coaches are unable to re-apply sun cream and we would ask if you child needs a top up that you arrange to come back to re-apply.
- Sun hat/cap. Shine caps will be available to buy on site.
The daily cricket programme is based around improving skills, techniques and knowledge of the essential aspects of hard ball cricket - with the emphasis in learning through enjoyment and building confidence in a safe sporting environment. Each session will utilise the fantastic specialist facilities on offer at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex to deliver a broad coaching schedule that will include:-
- Batting: Good shot selection, improving concentration, basic defence, overview of core shots (pull, sweep and cut), finding the gaps, pacing an innings, using your feet against spin and specialist shots (i.e. hitting over the top)
- Bowling: Improving consistency, line & length, swing bowling, understanding spin bowling and the field placings using variations of pace and 'bowling at the death’.
- Fielding: Technical aspects of fielding and wicket-keeping including, backing up, boundary sweeping and slip catching.
- Knowledge of the game: Field placings, cricketing terminology, watch cricket themed DVD's over break times and learn the basic rules.
- Please do not come to Shine if anyone in your household has Corona Virus symptoms.
- This activity will only run with a minimum number of children. Groups running are subject to a minimum booking requirement, we may contact you to offer you the option another group, activity, a credit, or a full refund.
- Please note we run a 48 credit and refund policy at our Holiday Clubs. More information here - Terms & Conditions.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- DROP OFF - You may arrive up to 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of your activity. Your child will need to use the hand sanitiser and there will be socially distanced procedures in place.
- PICK UP - At the end of the day, please proceed to the central pick up point where there will be socially distanced procedures in place. On the handover of your child, the Shine coach will sign to say you have collected your child with your name.
- After drop off and pick up, please exit the site immediately
- Please check our COVID-19 FAQ for further information about the day.
Shine's extended hours service is called 'Working Day Option'. The service allows working parents/carers the option of an early arrival time from 08.00 and/or a late departure time before 18.00. Children attending the extended hours will be supervised by Shine staff and offered a variety of free play outdoor and indoor activities. The cost and time details are as follows:
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions