Shine Saints JFC - U7(Year 2)
Join the squad today
Shine Sports Ground, BS6
During the season, the Shine Saints coaching team will deliver a combination of competitive league matches and training sessions that will develop the players skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment. The Under 7 squad is eligible for players in Year 1, going into Year 2 in September.
Secure your place for £32.50 per month via Direct Debit throughout the season through until Saturday 27th April 24. Your subs include the following:
- Training Sessions - Tuesday evenings from 17:15-18:15 at Shine Sports Ground, BS6 7XW starting on Tuesday 5th September.
- Matches - Saturdays at various times between 08:45-11:45 at the Shine Sports Ground. The times may vary on occasion due to fixture times and pitch availability.
- Communication - All Saints matches and general communication is organised via our match app, SPOND.
- Competition - Saints U7's compete in the Bristol Saturday Friendly League.
- 20% off Football Fundays during school holidays at any location. Discount code available on request.
- Free trials available. Contact [email protected]
To pay by Direct Debit, please check out as usual; in the check out you will see 'Payment Methods' and you can select Direct Debit here.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 14.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U7 squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills & aerial control)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Matchday and Training Facilities
Shine Saints home ground is located at the Shine Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW (directions). Shine’s spacious and well-maintained sports facility, provides superior grass and artificial pitches as well as FA approved goals. In addition to ample on-site parking, accessible toilets and changing rooms, the match day café serves hot and cold food and drinks for players and supporters.
Week 1 start date with training on Tuesday 5th September 2023 and Saturday 9th September.
Please note we don't train in school holidays or bank holidays. The dates training we already know we will NOT be running and your coach will notify you should this change or others be added:
- Tuesday 24th & Saturday 28th October (Half Term)
- Tuesday 19th/Saturday 23rd Dec, Tuesday 26th/Saturday 30th and Tuesday 2nd Jan (Christmas break) Back Saturday 6th January
- Tuesday 13th/Saturday 18th February (Half Term)
- Saturday 30th March/Tuesday 2nd April (Easter break) As yet Saturday 6th April is unknown due to fixtures, your coach will update you nearer the time.
- Your coach will notify you of any further dates we aren't running.