Shine Saints JFC - U6(Year 1)
Join the squad today
Shine Sports Ground, BS6
During the season the Shine Saints coaching team will deliver a season of fun training sessions that will develop the players skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment. The Under 6 squad is eligible for players in Reception, going into Year 1 in September.
Secure your place for £32.50 per month via Direct Debit through the season running from September 23 through 27th April 2024. Your subs include the following:
- Training sessions - Tuesday evenings from 17:15-18:15 at Shine Sports Ground, BS6 7XW starting on Tuesday 5th September.
- Training and/or friendly matches - Saturday mornings starting Saturday 9th September usually between 08:45-09:45 but may vary on occasion due to fixture times and pitch availability.
- Home of the Shine Saints, where training take place - Shine Sports Ground.
- Matchday Kit - Includes an ‘Official Kukri Shine Saints’ shirt, shorts and socks for you to keep.
- 20% off Football Fundays during school holidays at any location. Discount code available on request.
- Free trials available. Contact [email protected]
To pay by Direct Debit, please check out as usual; in the check out you will see 'Payment Methods' and you can select Direct Debit here.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 5 to Under 14.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U6 squad will include:
- Basic Attacking (Shooting)
- Basic Defending (Tackling)
- Ball Control
- Communication and team work
- Basic passing & dribbling
- Learning to win & lose
- Match rules through games
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Match Day and Training Facilities
Shine Saints home ground is located at the Shine Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW (directions). Shine’s spacious and well-maintained sports facility, provides superior grass and artificial pitches as well as FA approved goals. In addition to ample on-site parking, accessible toilets and changing rooms, the match day café serves hot and cold food and drinks for players and supporters.
Saturday training sessions take place outside at the Shine Sports Ground, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW between 8:45 and 9:45. PLEASE NOTE WHILE WE ALWAYS AIM FOR THIS TIME, ON OCCASION IT MAY CHANGE DUE TO FIXTURE TIMES AND PITCH AVAILABILITY.
Week 1 start date with training on Tuesday 5th September 2023 and Saturday 9th September.
Please note we don't train in school holidays or bank holidays. The dates training we already know we will NOT be running and your coach will notify you should this change or others be added:
- Tuesday 24th & Saturday 28th October (Half Term)
- Tuesday 19th/Saturday 23rd Dec, Tuesday 26th/Saturday 30th and Tuesday 2nd Jan (Christmas break) Back Saturday 6th January
- Tuesday 13th/Saturday 18th February (Half Term)
- Saturday 30th March/Tuesday 2nd April/Saturday 6th April (Easter break)
- Your coach will notify you of any further dates we aren't running.