Shine runs a popular after school football club for children from Elmlea Infants during term time. The sessions are based outdoors on the hardcourt area and provide an ideal opportunity for boys and girls with an interest in football to attend well structured, healthy and enjoyable sessions with an experienced team of coaches.
Shine welcome children of all abilities to this enjoyable and inclusive activity. Players will get the chance to improve their football in all the essential skills including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Tackling, heading and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game
In addition to improving the participants knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Each session will end with small sided matches in which the teams will be divided into appropriate age groups and put the new skills they have learned into practice.
- The Shine coaches will collect children and get them changed in the library or hall. Unless you want to, there is no need to meet your child before the club starts.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first-come/first-served basis each term.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- We will present a 'Star of the Day' award.
- Cancellations should be made 48 hours before the start of the session to receive credit.
- Booking is essential. If you aren't booked on the activity by 12.00 on that day, your child will not be on our register and therefore be taken back to the school office. Late bookings after 12.00 can be made by calling 01174 033 033
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions